Advanced Healthy Rumen is a blend containing Actisaf live yeast, Acid Buf and salt specially formulated to complement each other and to improve the rumen environment by prolonged rumen buffering.
High performance cows need a healthy, efficient rumen to achieve maximum dry matter intakes and to maintain high levels of milk output and quality. Sometimes high starch and sugar diets can cause either clinical or sub-clinical acidosis and Advanced Healthy Rumen, with its prolonged buffering capacity, is a key method of countering this.
Signs of acidosis include:
- Low butterfats
- Reduced or inconsistent intakes
- Loose and/or bubbly dung
- Poor rumen fill
- Excessive weight loss
- Increased lameness and/or mastitis
- Tail swishing
- Poor fertility
Feeding large quantities of grazed grass can also contribute to acidosis, as can heat stress, therefore acidosis can be a problem at any time of the year.
Mode of Action
- Actisaf yeast stabilises rumen pH by reducing the build up of lactic acid. It stimulates the growth and activity of rumen microbes, increasing rumen fermentation and improving feed efficiency.
- Acid Buf directly neutralises acids in the rumen and buffers to provide a stable pH for the rumen microbes to thrive.
- Salt stimulates and increases the cow’s saliva production which again neutralises acids in the rumen and buffers to provide a stable pH.